Terms and Statement of Acknowledgement and Informed consent to Examination and compilation of protocol.
Good nutrition supports the body’s natural defences and resistance. Chapter One Nutrition utilises the principles and practices of Nutritional Therapy and other supportive therapies to assist the body’s own ability to heal and to improve the quality of like and health through natural means. Nutritional Therapy assesses the whole person, assessing mental, emotional and physical health. During your visit, a thorough health history will be taken and if needed, examination such as hip to waist measurements (no clothes need to be removed), blood pressure, and weight could be taken. Specific lab diagnostic tests may be required by other health care practitioners you have/are seeing or through private testing laboratories.
I kindly request that you read and acknowledge the following:
- I am a Nutritional Therapist and NOT a conventional medical doctor (GP). Any treatment you receive is not mutually exclusive from any treatment or advice you may now be receiving or may receive in the future from any other licensed health care practitioner.
- Nutritional Therapy is not a substitute for professional medical advice and treatment and any Nutritional advice will be tailored to support medically diagnosed conditions and/ or health concerns agreed and identified by the two parties
- The methods I may use have a proven clinical foundation, yet may not be recognised or accepted by standard (allopathic) medicine.
- The treatment and/or referral to other health care practitioners is based on the assessment of your health, revealed through personal history, examination, laboratory testing, and any other appropriate method of evaluation.
- I reserve the right to determine which cases fall outside my scope of practice, in which event the appropriate referral will be recommended.
- You are not an agent of any private or government agency attempting to gather information without so stating your intentions.
- Changes in dietary habits are not an absolute prerequisite for treatment and you understand that failure to follow sound nutritional, exercise and lifestyle programs could undermine any expected results.
- You are accepting or rejecting this care of your own free will.
- The ultimate responsibility for your health care is your own and that I am here to support you in this. I reserve the right to discontinue my services where it is apparent that your expectations and what I can provide are not in agreement.
- Understanding that all fees, for services and supplements are payable at the time of appointment by the client or the guardian. Notice of a minimum of 24 hours is required for appointment cancellations, otherwise you will be charged an administration fee of 50% of your consultation.
- You also recognise that even the gentlest therapies, supplements and medications potentially have their complications in certain physiological conditions, in very young children, in those on multiple medications, in pregnancy, while breastfeeding and hence the information provided is complete and inclusive of all health concerns including risk of pregnancy; all medications, including over the counter drugs and supplements. The slight health risk of some Nutritional treatments includes, but not limited to; aggravation of pre-existing symptoms, allergic reaction to supplements or herbs; pain, fainting, bruising or injury from acupuncture.
- You understand that You are responsible for contacting your GP or specialist about any health concerns you may have. You are also responsible in advising your GP of the nutrition protocol you will be following, along with advising any other complementary medicine practitioners you are consulting.
- If you are unclear about any part of your plan, then you should contact Chapter One Nutrition immediately for clarification. Your nutritional programme and supplement plan will have a time frame and you should not continue with recommendations outside of this unless agreed by Chapter One Nutrition Ltd. This is to avoid any adverse reactions.
- It is important that you advise Chapter One Nutrition about any medical diagnosis you have received, any prescription medication, herbal medicine or food supplements, or over the counter medication you are taking as it may affect the nutritional programme.
If you do need to cancel or rearrange a session, please ensure you give me as much notice as possible otherwise the following charges will be incurred:
Less than 24 hours notice – 50% of session fee will apply
Notes will be taken throughout the session but please be assured that anything discussed, together with your paper notes, will be kept confidential and not discussed with anyone without your consent.
During the session(s), there may be emotionally sensitive issues that come up to be discussed. I aim to provide a safe, supportive, non-judgemental, respectful and secure environment for those issues to be aired and discussed should you feel comfortable in doing so.
At any point if you feel that you are not moving forward, please feel free to discuss this with me rather than cancelling the session. I am here to help and I am happy to discuss your personal progress at any time.