This easy to make Mackerel pate is great as a snack on rice cakes, eaten with crudites, or as a filler for lunch time wraps. Mackerel is rich in the healthful polyunsaturated fats known as long-chain omega-3s, which may help boost heart health.
It is also an important source of protein and B vitamins, particularly vitamin B12. An 85g serving provides nearly 700 percent of the recommended daily amount of vitamin B12. It also offers tremendous amounts of selenium, a mineral that helps to protect our cells against damaging free radicals.
- 200g smoked mackerel
- 4tbsp Sheep/ Goat yoghurt
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fresh parsley – optional
- Place the mackerel (including skins), lemon juice, yoghurt & black pepper in a blender/ nutribullet
- Blend to desired consistency
- Add chopped parsley if required
- Serve warm with rice cakes or oak cakes
- Serve with crudities – carrots, celery, peppers etc.
- Eat as a filler in lunch time wraps
- If you can tolerate dairy, and want to use Cows yoghurt instead of Sheep or Goat, then opt for Yeo Valley Live. They’re organic, love their cows, have very high standards of animal welfare and even play classical music to them!