Chickpeas are rich in protein, fibre, complex carbohydrates, folate, iron, and zinc. They are also an excellent source of both soluble and insoluble fibre, which helps you to feel full – a great benefit if you’re trying to control your weight. Like other beans, chickpeas are digested slowly, which promotes a gradual release of blood glucose, which may be helpful in the control of insulin resistance conditions such as Diabetes.
Try adding these to garnish soups or over salads for an extra fibre hit to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2tsp garlic salt
- Melt the coconut oil in a jug and add the smoked paprika and garlic salt and mix well
- In an ovenproof dish add the chickpeas and toss with the coconut oil mix
- Cook in the oven for 60 minutes at 120deg. or until crunchy
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to one week
- Add as a garnish to soups
- Sprinkle over salads